AIR RECEIVER TANK
An air receiver tank is an integral and important part of any compressed air system. In a compressed air system, a receiver tank provides the following benefits:
- It serves as a reservoir to take care of sudden or unusually heavy demands for air in excess of the compressor’s designed capacity
- The receiver tank will help remove water from the system by allowing the air a chance to cool.
- It damps pulsations from the discharge line of a reciprocating compressor, resulting in an essentially steady flow of air in the system.
- It prevents the excessive cycling of a compressor.
- It knocks out solid dirt and particulate matter that may have passed through the compressor inlet filter or may be formed by compressor wear.
- It precipitates out contaminates and oil carry-over from the compressor oil that might get into the compressor discharge
- It helps cool the compressed air and precipitates out moisture that inevitably results from air compression